IBM Announces Informix on Cloud
speed innovation and save costs
(IBM Announcement ENUSZP16-0499 - 27.09.2016)
IBM Informix on Cloud gives you the ability to speed innovation and save costs by choosing a cloud deployment for your workloads
At a glance
IBM Informix on Cloud delivers all of the capabilities of the Informix Advanced Enterprise server deployed in on-premises configurations but without the time and expense of a hardware purchase, system administration, and management. The cloud-delivered Informix server will be configured for OLTP workloads and also includes entitlement to Informix Warehouse Accelerator (IWA) that delivers incredible query acceleration through columnar, compressed, in-memory technology.
- Provides database as a service on the IBM SoftLayer global cloud infrastructure
- Comes with an OLTP preconfigured instance
- Includes IBM Informix Warehouse Accelerator entitlement
- Supports cloud deployments of applications that will need JSON/BSON and SQL apps simultaneously in the same database, in the same queries
- Allows for faster deployment of innovative cloud applications due to REST interface and MQTT
Key features and benefits of Informix on Cloud are:
- Accelerates and simplifies deployment: Reduces costs and time required to take advantage of the high-performance Informix engine that integrates TimeSeries, Spatial, NoSQL, and SQL data.
- Seamless integration of application data:
Delivers high-performance operational and analytic processing across the
boundaries of cloud environments and on-premises configurations.
- Native encryption with all configurations.
Secure your data at rest and in flight.
- DBMS servers sized to meet your business demands:
S, M, L, and XL configurations.